The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Writing from the Heart……


Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” ~ 

William Wordsworth

Writing is something I do enjoy … It clears the head and fills the heart.  Helps clear space for my creative muse to share deeper musings.  Of late, I have been thinking about what makes for an interesting blog post…for you as the reader, what do you want to read about?…It is pretty amazing that we live in a world that has become smaller due to tools like blogs etc. so we can share our thoughts, our skills, our passion with each other and bear witness to each other's existence.  

7 years ago I gave up a full time career as a full time social worker, working then in the violence against women and children sector…Which I had done for 16 years…both frontline support, coordination, intervention, prevention/education/community development work and program management.  It is hard to believe that it has been 7 years since I began this full time career and business as an entrepreneur, full time artist, facilitator of creative wellness services and teacher.  

I absolutely LOVE what I do now… and delight in seeing the joy, that art brings people during classes or the transformative healing it creates for participants in the creative wellness services I offer.

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other social marketing venues help reach wider circles and I would love to hear what might be of interest to those living further a field…What would you enjoy reading about here….on this blog or on blogs in general?  Or what makes for an interesting blog read for you?


2 comments:

ev said...

I read your blog posts regularly. I love that you talk about not just your art, but your heart.

Supria Karmakar said...

Thank you Ev for both your regular readership and for your recent comment…it is so heartening to know that what I share is being heard, witnessed and reflected on. With warm regards, blessings, supria