The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random Joy and Inspiration....Taking oneself on an artist date....


Some images that inspire, bring random joy in the moment and feeds the artistic soul...... An old faded bicycle basket, my favourite horizon blue colour, like the sky and a nice rusty colour bike.....

Shadows and light.. I love how they play with each other to create magical patterns....






Old narly roots, beautiful like wrinkles ......love them.....


Who says weeds aren't beautiful....they are to me....



Maps and journey which inspire the soul....I love using maps in my work....

Also inspiring is going to the a gallery and taking yourself out on an artist date, which I did recently to see the AGO Exhibit, on Abstract Expressionist New York, Masterpieces from The Museum of Modern Art, New York..highly encourage seeing this exhibit...only on until September 4th, 2011


A group photo of most of the masters...some of the women in the exhibit are not in this photo....it was great to see the women masters and their work...

Enjoy the exhibit if you get to go .....


1 comment:

Poetic Artist said...

Wonderful photo shots..Beauty in everything if we just look. Thank you for sharing..
katelen