The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Glimpse of the "Changing Surfaces" exhibit at the Carnegie Gallery, Runs Until June 26th

"The Collector", Encaustic Mixed Media, 12 x 24, 2011

"Intuitively Guided", Encaustic Mixed Media, 18 x 34, 2011

"Darling Yellow", Encaustic Mixed Media, 8 x8 , 2011

"Writing a New Chapter", Encaustic Mixed Media, 12 x 24, 2011


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I always enjoy seeing your Beautiful work,so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Anonymous said...

This is just wow wow wow! I'm just starting to work in encaustics and I love the look but haven't mastered it yet as you obviously have....just LOVE your work....WK... WindyKai.com
Windykai.wordpress.com

Seth said...

Sensational pieces. Congratulations on the exhibition.

Jo Vandermey said...

I took some friends to Dundas yesterday to visit the gallery not knowing what would be on display. And all I can say is wow and beautiful. To discover to such gifted artists in one showing together! Your art complements each other so beautifully. I am a humble beginner art quilter and interested in mixed media and eucastics. To be able to show my friends and explain what my goals are to reach someday was delightful! Thank you for sharing your gift.

Anonymous said...

Your work is breathtaking!

Supria Karmakar said...

Thanks for your wonderful supportive comments...It is so great to read and it inspires me to continue my journey...with gratitude : ) supria