The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Opening reception at Figment, Flight and Fancy, brought many gifts.....


Rita Vindedzis and I at Figment, Flight & Fancy, Arts on King, Toronto

Back in 2008 I met Rita via the online world, first through Visual Arts Ontario business and then through the Inner Works collaborative , a round robin altered book project.  This project was a great meeting of creative hearts, three artists from the United States and three from Canada...Seth Apter (New York, Mixed Media artist),  Jill Zaheer (Mixed Media artist from New York also), Roxanne Evans - Stout ( Artist, writer and teacher from Oregon), Veronica Funk (Artist from Alberta), Rita Vindedzis (Artist from Toronto) and myself.  We all met online and embarked on a year long round robin altered book project...the process was delightful, the outcome of each page by each artist in our books was magnificent..to see a review of the year long project visit:  http://innerworkscollaborative.blogspot.com/.  I still treasure my book and Rita's pages in my book were delightful, they were full of texture, I could enjoy with my fingertips as Helen Keller would have.

To finally meet Rita after so long, in person, was such a gift...Thank you Rita for your visit ....Rita will be showing a new series of work in June at Arts on King herself.  Rita's work can also be visited online .  She has been represented by Arts on King and Arts on Queen for a long time now.

Here are some photos of my show,  Figment, Flight & Fancy,  an exhibit of encaustic works, which is still up for the rest of April..so if you didn't get out to see the show yet,...there is still a couple of weeks to view the works.  These two images are courtesy of Debra MacMillian, a dear friend of mine, from those lovely highschool days. Thanks Debra.




2 comments:

Rita Vindedzis said...

Thank you Supria. It was such a treat to finally meet you in person and I'm so happy that your opening reception was a great success. Your work is beautiful on so many levels and it speaks to my soul. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Maybe at my opening??? :-)

Keelie said...

Hi Supria,

I found you by chance - you appear to be my neighbor on blogspot (at least you appeared when I clicked on "next!") And what a delightful surprise I found! I love your encaustics! I have been seeing - or noticing, perhaps - these more lately, and been intrigued. The only thing stopping me from exploring the medium more right now is lack of time and being already spread too thin on all my other interests. But your work is beautiful!

I am also interested in eastern philosophy, having recently become an (unofficial) Buddhist. Anyhow, really like your blog, plan to bookmark it to come back to when I have a bit more time to spend (it's late and - sigh!- I must work tomorrow.

You are welcome to visit my blog if you'd like. (I'm working on a new, revamped website/blog, so far unpublished, so this will have to due for now.)

Continued success, love your work, perhaps we'll talk sometime!

Sincerely, KeelieGirl