The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Time of Gratitude today and daily.....


"Against All Odds"
Encaustic Mixed Media Collage, 10 1/4 x 18


Gratitude fills my heart today and daily for the blessings that fill my life.   This is the last day of the Elora-Fergus Studio Tour, and it has been a full and busy one..with many lovely friends visiting, family love, and new friends met too....I am grateful for these visits, for the chance to share my new life's journey as an artist with the community.  Thank you for your support, feedback and appreciation of the arts.

With Thanksgiving around the corner, you can't help but feel or reflect on those blessings that fill your life...and it is daily as I go to sleep or wake that I try to remember to live with a grateful heart.

This piece above is also a piece about gratitude..to the 'bees' who grace us with bounty and life.  This piece is about their preservation 'against all odds'....

Grateful for the opportunity to share this, for your readership and for your offerings to the world.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. You are inspiring!

rivergardenstudio said...

Wow, I love this piece, the lace, and the beehive (?) and is that a little bee? Great seeing yuour demonstration too. I would have loved to be there. roxanne