The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friendship - My friend Leigh...


My friend Leigh's birthday was Monday...and I had a great get together with her last friday.....I have been meaning to blog about her and how special she is in my life..all week...but alas...here it is finally, 


Things I adore about Leigh:
Her quirky sense of humour, her funny sayings...."Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy", 
Her acceptance of all, her non-judgemental presence in the world, 
Her love of animals of all kinds, cats, dogs, bunnies, etc......She will go to great lengths to meet dogs that are being walked in and around the neighbourhood, her ability to listen, and empathize, be wacky and wild, serious and frivolous..her creativity and flare....
 Leigh is a blessing in my life...and I cherish her dearly...and most of all I celebrate her each day 
Thank you Leigh for your love and support..from one Frida freak to another..happy belated birthday...
Here is the Frida piece I created for her ....

4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

great Frida piece! love the feathers!

jill Zaheer said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friend! Love your Frida piece- filled with those beautiful colors and patterns, birds and those super feathers!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good friend...and I LOVE the light, bright airiness of these newer pieces.

Sweet Mess said...

She must feel so loved! and it's a wonderful Frida piece!