The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, May 11, 2009

Teaching an Altered Books 5-Week Program - Come Join in

I am teaching a 5 week altered books program starting Tuesday June 2nd, 10 - 2 p.m. until June 30th at the Globe Studios in Kitchener.  If you are interested to learn more, click here!  I have some extra glimpses on the topic here!

Also, I had a great time teaching kids with this same medium last year and will be offering this summer day camp a few times over the course of the summer again this year.  I call the summer day camp series,  "The Power of Me" Altered Book Adventure.

I have truly been enjoying this medium in both the solo time I have been creating altered books and with the Inner Works Collaborative Project.   

Just as thrilling is the latest work I have done on books using the encaustic medium, two of which works will be exhibited at the Third Annual Encaustic Painting Conference in Mass. US. this June, the exhibit is called, "Wax Libris". 


4 comments:

Seth said...

Wish I could take this class! I am finding you to be a master at altered books!

Supria Karmakar said...

Wow, what an honour and a compliment coming from you ...who I consider a 'guru' of altered books and altered art on the whole... Made my day Seth with a beaming smile I am back out to the studio ...
Blessings
Supria

Jill Zaheer said...

Supria,
Just read all about your Altered Book course and like Seth, wish I could take it too. If I was just a little bit closer, I'd have signed up already! Love working in your altered book now and am enamored with all of the amazing altered book techniques you have used. They are so creative, clever artistic and expressive!

Supria Karmakar said...

Jill - You are also very kind....I have seen your work also up close and wonderful and your gift in the altered books art form is exceptional....Thanks for your compliments and I do so accept them with gratitude, grace and joy....you made me smile this morning... : )