The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Distressed Elements" - Seth Apter's Book from the Inner Works Collaborative Altered book project




Round three of six....here are some images of Seth Apter's book, that I completed...Seth's book theme is "Distressed Elements", check out his work on his own book.  I have to say I really enjoyed working on this book and thinking about the concept of 'distressed' and 'element'...What makes an element distressed?  Is it time, passing through generations, the natural elements of air, water, fire/heat/sun,  and the earth's natural artistic brush strokes...the beauty of those distressed elements tell a story all by themselves...the energies of past lives that may have picked up those pieces feed the work inevitably in my mind...I received Seth's lovely book from Veronica awhile back, and have since then,  been living with her lovely pages as well as, Seth's,  trying to decide what I might do to add to the book... Here is the outcome..I now send off the book to lovely Roxanne, to work her magic.  This Inner Works Collaborative has been a great project thus far...hope you are enjoy the journey through the blogs too.

Also a special and big thank you to Seth Apter, for the extra vote of confidence in my growth as an artist, he has posted a link on his blog site, The Altered Page, on his sidebar panel, in the inspiration section to my work on the "Wax Libris" post, which is an exhibit happening in June at the Third Annual Encaustic Conference in Beverly, Mass. at the Montserrat College of Art. 

3 comments:

Cyndee Greene said...

Oh Supria, how I love each & every single thing you do!
I have left you something over at my blog! Go check it out when you get a chance.

Seth said...

What a great glimpse of your pages in my book Supria. I love your interpretation and cannot wait to get my hands back on my book and see this in person. Thank you for putting in so much time and thought!!

Antonia/Hittingsend.com said...

That's really Lovely! Thanks for sharing! :))