The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still Believing in the Magic - A reminder of hope, the greatest gift!

My thoughts lately have been with the awe and gratitude I feel about how my little Maya still believes!!!  Well she isn't so little anymore, 8 going on 9 years and yet she is still so EXCITED about Christmas....She has been counting down the days on a handmade calendar created since December 1st...And wanting to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the house earlier than usual.  So last weekend we ventured out as a family on our annual family tradition of finding the Christmas tree that spoke to us the most and decorated it at day's end.  Maya and I came home to the Christmas lights all strung up outside and inside too; Jeff took the day to put them up while we were at my sister's baby shower..These are exciting times and significant times for sure for all of us...at so many levels personal and global....

I am in awe that she still believes and am so thankful that that sense of wonder and magic still shines within her soul.  The main reason for her excitement this year, is that last year she asked Santa for a photo of himself for Christmas 2009...and this is the year she keeps saying she is going to see how Santa "really looks" that he will be leaving a photo of himself Christmas eve....

There are so many thoughts that rise up for me about this...Questions and comments?  What does Santa symbolize?  What does he really look like if we could imagine or make him/her up in our minds? Or when we visualize Santa's magic in our minds?  

Santa is magical, signifies hope, love and sharing, generosity and care for each other and community...Santa is about the vastness of spirit, soul and our connectedness to everyone and everything......Now how do we capture that in a photo?

Lots of love, hope and peace to all of you during this magical and hopeful time....With each blessing of hope and magic we put out into the world...that magnifies and grows...Here is to believing forever.


1 comment:

Joanie Hoffman said...

One year my now-grown-up son told me he didn't beleive in Santa anymore, so I said "well, let's just wait and see then how many presents for you are under the tree on Christmas morning". He went to his room for a while and then came up next to me and told me that maybe he did believe a little. I stretched one more year of his believing in Santa as the gift giver. Now, with children of his own, he can see how much that belief matters to a parent.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Joanie