The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, October 20, 2008

On days like this it is important to keep moving and PESEVERE

Ever had days when you think....OMG maybe all those people that think you are crazy for giving up your full-time job to pursue a creative life might be right????...Just sometimes those messages from the seemingly well intentioned people in the world, individuals that call themselves artists or art lovers...Those who deem themselves as knowing what 'ART is' begin to creep into my head...And today these voices are screaming LOUDLY in my head...And you begin to wonder maybe they are right???  These messages such as.... "Get a REAL job" or "Get with the program", "You are just playing..not working"...this is not "ART"...  Well I suppose I am having one of those days today...

In times like this perhaps the best thing is to keep moving, keep hoping, keep dreaming and believing in yourself even more....Grabbing hold of that sense of knowing that it will happen for you..that it is just a matter of time..that it is ALREADY happening....taking stock of all that is accomplished and filling your sense of self as worthy..knowing that it is all good...There are still many others on the other side of the continuum...who are lovingly, genuinely, authentically loving my work, my process....and then realizing that is life...it is just that...art is always going to be personal, beautiful to some but not all, and that what is most important that I am living my life to its full potential, always growing, always in joy, in love and with the best of intentions, lifting myself up when it is needed and always lifting others...That this is my calling, for myself and others, my work does speak something, joy, love, life ponderings....that is so good....It is all good!

So I say loudly, this is my real job, this is my dream coming true...I am an artist, no matter what anyone else says or deems my work as being....That what is true is in my heart...and I am deeply grateful for this gift and opportunity to grow into this dream....With each day, each moment the journey gets richer, better, fuller....I am JOY and life is JOYOUS....

In the joy I move forward with those that believe in my journey, that love me for my trying and my growing...Most of all we PERSEVERE and KEEP LOVING the PROCESS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Supria,
I'm finding that the older I get, the more that I enjoy the process...almost as much as the finished product.

Woman Called Joyce said...

Supria, I have those days too, especially when my family and friends assume I'm playing since I don't leave the house to go to work. But, we must keep doing what we do. Keep on smiling and creating and ignoring the nay-sayers of this world. It's all about the joy in living life the way we choose. :)

Supria Karmakar said...

Hi Veronica and Joyce:
Thanks for sharing your comments on this ...it is very supportive to know that others work through days like this too...and how you do it with a smile and joy....
Supria