The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, September 5, 2008

Inspiration Abounds, Heather Wood, Glass Artist and Free Giveaway from my Studio

This is the work of local glass artist, Heather Wood.  She is part of the Elora Fergus Studio Tour this year, isn't this piece magnificent!  Come pay her a visit at her studio on the tour weekends.  You may also check out her work at her online bridgestudio or contact Heather at hwood@bridgestudio.ca.   

"We do not always acknowledge the symbiotic relationship that exists between ourselves and our environment.  The imagery I create with the use of natural materials evokes an ethereal delicacy and references the fragile balance that exists between ourselves and our habitat." ~ Heather

This piece depicted here is a beautiful portrayal of that symbiotic relationship between ourselves and our environment and exudes the ethereal.

Heather's work is sometimes low relief, combined painted surfaces with glass layers, or it can be an arrangement of multiple free form glass elements.  Painting, sandblasting, slumping and fusing are some of the techniques she utilizes in her response to the transparency and fluidity of the glass.

For more about the other studio tour artists opening their studios this year, check back here.

Also, leave a comment with your name and I will be collecting all names from comments for a giveway from my own body of work.  Draw will be made at the end of the studio tour date, Oct. 5th, all you have to do is enter a comment to any of my posts, enter as many times as you want.

What inspires your creativity?  What do you enjoy about studio tours?

Love to hear from you!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Supria...really love your work and have also given a lot of thought to studio tours as our community is new to promoting its' artists. My studio needs work (it's not my dream space), but I do enjoy meeting with people who connect with what I do...since art is so personal it's extremely gratifying when others respond to what an artist puts into the work.

Unknown said...

I stopped by after finding your site through a bunch of links off of Decor8. You know, mixed media happens to be the best kind of media in my opinion! Keep up the quality craft my friend. (^_^)

Anonymous said...

I really like your artwork-especially like the print Delight In The Days Promise-beautiful work!
Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca