The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The many faces of love and more!




It has been 4 days without my little one at home, she is now 8  years old, and is off on her annual summer vacation with her Nana and Bubba, up north.  Maya absolutely loves going there every year...she has a great zeal about all the things she will do while there, swimming in the lake, fishing, finding treasures on the surrounding islands, visiting with her many cousins the same age or similar ages to her....I am so blessed that she has this relationship with her grandparents.  I was never able to have this same relationship for many different reasons..one being a very practical one, that being since I am the first generation of immigrants...so my grandparents were not even accessible to me even if they were alive.

As a social worker, I am fully aware that this love and care provided to her from many adults is a great blessing, one that will give Maya a great solid ground to take flight from, into her adulthood....

It still doesn't make the letting go any easier...which leads me to the many thoughts I have had today about the many faces of love, and the many lessons love teaches us...and most of all I am left feeling much gratitude about the blessings I have in my life.  The wonderful daughter that Maya is to us, the wonderful grandparents she has to enrich her life, and to the time that this two week vacation away Maya has, does afford me....Today I was able to wake up slowly, spend two to three hours reading, an hour journalling and feeling blessed with each hour passing for the abundance in my life...the number of possibilities each day brings and the hope with each new morning....Here are a few other newer pieces I have worked on, one of which was inspired by Nina Bagley 's, "Listen" blog entry....which once again reminded me of my Maya when she was only 2 years old...it is amazing how little ones can teach us so much, if we just remain open to these gifts....

No comments: