The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, August 11, 2008

Gratitude for the Creatively Divined

Lately I have been practicing the 'art' of gratitude...At the beginning of my day, I explore aspects of my life that I am grateful for...and pay homage to them, giving each blessing attention in my daily journalling...

So what am I grateful for today, here are just a few things I wanted to share: 

...The lie in I had this morning and the slow waking up with a great cup of "Cafe Feminino"....Yummy organic free trade coffee from a great womyn's cooperative in Peru...

I feel blessed to have completed two recent commission pieces within the deadline; and relief at knowing that the one piece delivered was loved as much as I had delighted in the making of it.

The love I feel for Jeff and Maya, my anchors, and how I am so loved back by them daily in so many little ways...

Also, knowing that Maya is SO cherished, protected and nurtured by her grandparents, her Nana and Bubba, that it provides me with the an ease while she is away spending two weeks with them on a summer vacation...though my heart aches for her daily....

I am thrilled to know that I have loving and generous parents..

For the ability to be able to get bills paid and for plenty of great food to nourish our souls, bodies and minds....and for the wonderful friends and family in my life...for their support in  my journey and choices.  Finally not last at all, and definitely not least for the creative muse who guides my creativity daily in the studio...this piece was done for her, called "Divine Intervention".

"Gratitude is the most transformative force in the [universe]" - Sarah Ban Breathnach, The Simple Abundance Companion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post - thanks very much! I agree that gratitude is such an important feeling, which really puts us in love with life...

I actually wrote a page about being thankful that you may find relevant:

http://www.the-benefits-of-positive-thinking.com/being-thankful.html

Thanks and have a brilliant day!

Cristina