The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blessings in unexpected places...isn't that the way?




Today I am filled with gratitude for two particularly wonderful things that happened to me....out of that vast world wide web community I was sent two messages from two sister artists...the first from "Melissa Hronkin", an encaustic artist, ..who sent me an email letting me know how she felt about my work and website etc..and I have to admit..it was great to hear...one to know that there are kindreds in the world who create from a place of passion, who understand what it takes to keep at it day in, day out, in an isolated studio, room, and/or a creative sanctuary....sharing on the blog and/or on a website...not knowing if anyone else is reading or seeing your work.  Today was reassuring to see that yes in fact it does work...I am specifically intrigued at the similarities in the work we do and how we express ourselves through the work.

Secondly, getting an email from, another artist and mother, Kelcey, was a heavenly sent blessing...as after spending a whole week with my daughter, Maya and her dear close friend of over 6  years...Allison, I was left wondering if what they experienced was meaningful for them....Intuitively I thought spending days making an altered book - a "Power Me" altered book would be something they would have that would last a lifetime..the memories of the creating, the process not only the outcome...but as I am often a 'doubting soul'...which is something I am working on...I was reassured to hear from Kelcey, the universal delivered angel, that it does make a difference.  
What a lovely way to close off the day and be filled with gratitude for having heavenly messages sent my way from two unknown soul sisters...artistic  soul sisters and mother.

Thank you!


1 comment:

Sweet Mess said...

Yes... the blessing is all around. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You and so it goes around...

Beautiful paintings in this post! It can be difficult mixing text in a painting for me, and your text/images help each other in a very complimentary way.