The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Camping Days bring to mind ......






days by the water, in the water, watching and playing with water...When I was a child, my parents would often plan camping trips in and around the Southern parts of England and other lovely parts of the Britain, including Wales and I even remember some great camping trips to France. Now with my little cozy family of 3, we have ventured a few times over the course of Maya's 8 years on some of our own camping trips.  This year after a bit of a hiatus from this summer time adventure, we decided to go on a bit of a camping get away....what heaven it was to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the everyday grind, (cliche I know, but it is so true),...we were lucky enough to get a camp site at the Cypress Lake, Bruce Peninsula National Park and it was such an awesome get away...it really felt like the world around us had been boxed away and we could just immerse ourselves in being away.  It was a time to read, to play games, to have campfires, make smores, go for hikes, eat and sleep, just stare at the stars and get away entirely from the all the things that we think we need and can't live without, but in actuality we can. Who would have guessed that my daughter would have said, yep I can live without the t.v. if I had too...just a great reminder to turn it off a bit more when we are home.  

I absolutely relished her zeal about hiking the trails, up to the grotto, climbing rocky trails and then playing in the lake.   These are the days we will remember, these are the things that life is made up of..and too soon we forget this, while we spend each day figuring out a living....Camping reminds me to just 'be'....to accept what is and let go of what will be, for I really do not know what is around the corner...I truly felt at peace, still, calm and more connected to my family, myself and life in the moment during this time...and today I found myself in a bit of a blissful hazy pace as I went about my day with my daughter and her best friend Allison.  Not a bad feeling to manifest more of....





No comments: