The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Work in Progress




I would like to share with you a bit of a story:

The nightmare I mentioned in my last blog was just a reminder that I am still definitely a work in progress.  I have been wondering about sharing this latest "Supria episode" with the world....and have gone back and forth and back again,....only to arrive at a 'why not', maybe somehow my sharing will console another person who may feel less alone with their experience that might be similar to mine... or at least give you a good chuckle....which is okay too, I too will be able to laugh at myself in the not so distant future about this incident.

This was a great reminder for me that I am definitely less than perfect and make my share of mistakes....This one was a biggy though, which I hope will have a thread of a silver lining, a blessing if you will to emerge out of it...which is my hope.  HOPE is such a lovely gift from the universe...when everything else fails there is always H O P E.

I have always from a distance admired Grayce Perry and her work....and hoped that our paths would cross someday so that we may become friends....well during the 'DREAM' exhibit opening nite ... our paths not only crossed but they collided big time...meaning I stepped backwards in a crowded gallery only to collide with Grayce's 'Dream' piece which came tumbling off the pedestal & crashing to the floor....That was the point of no return...when I wished that I would "WAKE UP"....that this was really a "Dream"...but no it wasn't a dream...it was my living nightmare....No words could describe how my heart went out to Grayce in that moment, and how I had her in my thoughts for days afterwards -- as I know what it is like to put your heart and soul into a creation...only to have it snatched away....

The story does have a silver lining...though I can never take back that moment...I have been able to get to know Grayce slightly by visiting her at her studio and she has amazed me with her graciousness...she truly lives up to her name.  I am thankful for her grace and for her beautiful work which now adorns  my shelves at home...which is a positive reminder of how sometimes 'stuff' happens ...and that I am a work in progress ...within the journey we call life, self- forgiveness is important and living with integrity is vital.

I hope if you have a similar story - that you will share it and/or that you feel comfort in knowing that there are others in the world colliding with the great forces of life.



No comments: