The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Playing to overcome the 'stuck' blues

Nothing cures the feeling of being stuck like playing with images and colour, just letting the creativity muse guide my hand....not worrying about how it looks or who it is for...just delighting in the creative play.
Here are two creations that have helped me feel less stuck...and ready to just play, create and have fun with no expectations.
The first piece is called, "Ancestral Story",  for some reason I have been contemplating a lot on my ancestral history...and feel that their stories are often told in the whispers of the tree, the tree songs coming to us in the wind...if only we choose to stop for a moment, and truly listen and wonder....this is photo of a tree I took in the South of Eng
land last summer...in the moors where the Heather was bright, purple and abundant...this old narly tree seemed to have a lot of stories to tell.

This second piece is about the reminder to stop 'for a moment' and look, listen, play and enjoy the beauty that lies all around us...even the dandelions...these dandelions
 going to seed ...are around in my back garden..so I decided to do just that stop and delight in even the weeds..and took a couple of shots of them.












No comments: