The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, June 27, 2008

Gardener's Soul

The 'Gardener's Soul' was a commission piece I completed recently.  It was a creation I enjoyed and at the same time I found it to be quite a challenge...in a very liberating way.  The challenge being perhaps that I didn't really know the womyn I was creating it
 for and maybe because it means a lot to me for the outcome to be in line with the customer's vision for the piece.  

Overall, custom orders are a delight because it can push me to that edge of where my comfort zone lies.  Also, as I was developing this piece I was constantly imagining what this womyn's life might be like, how I knew she loved gardening, birds, boating, the environment and it's preservation.  So in my mind I could develop quite lovely imaginary stories, like writing...

The conception of the piece, to the development and the delivery of it, is a whole process that I was keenly aware of...each layer and phase had its growing edges for me...But maybe the most pushing of myself was delivering the piece, this was a tad anxiety provoking...can't wait to hear about what the recipient thinks of her birthday gift.  I am grateful for this experience and always up for more challenges -- pushing the comfort zone wider.

No comments: