The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, June 13, 2008

'DREAM' opens portals to the mysterious dreamscape world of 20 local artists.

Hats off to Marilyn Koop who has done a fabulous and 'dreamy' job on this exhibit...I found the show to be thought provoking and intriguing.  What I particularly enjoyed was that each piece is accompanied by the artist's dream story, which is like a door opening, inviting the viewer into their dream world; creating this space for you to engage with the creation so that you can interpret what the dream story might mean to you....and /or what it may mean in general about life's lessons.  I am in admiration of all the artists that put their heart and soul into their pieces, often they were sharing very vulnerable and intimate details which is a gift and blessing to be treated with care and love.  Thank you to all of you for your sharing your lovely, haunting, vivid, meaningful dream stories.

Jeff Bird's sound piece added yet another sensory element to the exhibit..I liked how this was included as it was an alternative medium for the visitor to experience the subject matter of the exhibit.  Many of you may agree, often dreams can be accompanied by sounds, speaking words sometimes which can be deciphered, but at other times may not be understood at all but are just merely echos and faint or loud audible sounds.  For me there is often music present in my dreams and that is why I found Jeff's piece particularly resonating with me.  Jeff's sound composition allows us to experience the exhibit at a whole other level, immersed as if you were in a dream....which includes stories, sound vibrations, screams and music...very much like my dream experiences.

Congratulations to Marilyn for the concept, the committment and passion to making this happen for so many local artists.  It truly is a lovely show.




On the flip side, as with some dreams they can turn into nightmares, right????...Which is somewhat that surreal feeling of being in a nightmare that I found myself in....but more about that personal experience on my next blog post.  Until then enjoy the exhibit if you get a chance to see it...it is fabulous.  The 'Dream' exhibit runs until July 20th at the Elora Centre for the Arts, Minarovich Gallery.  



 

No comments: